Error creating issue: Unable to find field 'customfield_10310'

Deleted user February 6, 2015

We had the JIRA service desk at some point for one project, and had a custom field set in a post function. Now we have disabled the service desk, and removed everything that had to do with it. Now we cannot even create an issue, as the above error occurs.

This has to do with the post function setting the custom field value, but it does not show up in the flow diagram.

Any help appreciated!

5 answers

0 votes
Ian Wells June 24, 2015

After 3 hours of copying a workflow by hand, I recommend NEVER deleting a custom field - JIRA workflows do not handle them. 

Conversely it would be nice if JIRA either did not permit deleting custom fields OR JIRA actually fixed the workflows automatically when a custom field is deleted ( better)

0 votes
Ian Wells June 24, 2015

Since the corrupted xml occured in the "create" transition, which I cannot replace, I am forced to copy my workflow manually line by line to a new workflow. I am not permitted to edit the Post Function where I see the corrupted custom field. X      The other also painful choice is to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/How+To+Import+A+Workflow+into+JIRA+Cloud

It  would be nice if the "copy" workflow checked for, and editted out, references to non-existent custom fields, at a minimum

0 votes
Ian Wells June 24, 2015

Another approach I have tried, ( but does not work because I have  a Cloud instance) is to export the workflow as XML, remove the object to do with the deleted custom field (10310) and then import this XML workflow and use that instead. 

that should work, however, Cloud does not support XML workflow import

0 votes
Deleted user February 8, 2015

Yeah, I checked the post function, but there were nothing that would indicate the post function that I created. But this is resolved now, as that had to do with this bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41693

So, I deleted the weird post function, and it started working again. 

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2015

Looks like you should either check the Validator or the Post Function of the Create transition of the workflow.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events