Error connection database

Nilay Joshi October 3, 2017

Hello,

I am implementing Jira Service Desk Server on site and when I try to configure the  Jira service desk for the first time. I am getting Error Connecting to database.  I know that all the configuration is correct as I followed the configuration guide on how to configure Jira servicedesk for server.  I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard for Database. I have db name jiradb and empty schema is jiraschema and the service account I am using to connect to db is svc_jira and I can connect and log in to sql mgmt studio with that account but when I enter the username and password on Jira database setup on website I get " Error Connecting database"  Login failed for user domainname\svc_jira Clientconnectionid:6297fa4a-faed-ra8f-b47d-1b40079a9c78.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2017

The database drivers do not usually do domain based user names.  Have you tried it with just svc_jira ?

Nilay Joshi October 4, 2017

Yes, I have tried with just svc_Jira and it didn't work same error message.

Nilay Joshi October 4, 2017

Now I am getting error connecting to database  Login failed for user svc_jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

You'll need to check the database logs to see why it is refusing access.

Suggest an answer