Error connection database

Hello,

I am implementing Jira Service Desk Server on site and when I try to configure the  Jira service desk for the first time. I am getting Error Connecting to database.  I know that all the configuration is correct as I followed the configuration guide on how to configure Jira servicedesk for server.  I am using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Standard for Database. I have db name jiradb and empty schema is jiraschema and the service account I am using to connect to db is svc_jira and I can connect and log in to sql mgmt studio with that account but when I enter the username and password on Jira database setup on website I get " Error Connecting database"  Login failed for user domainname\svc_jira Clientconnectionid:6297fa4a-faed-ra8f-b47d-1b40079a9c78.

1 answer

0 votes

The database drivers do not usually do domain based user names.  Have you tried it with just svc_jira ?

Yes, I have tried with just svc_Jira and it didn't work same error message.

Now I am getting error connecting to database  Login failed for user svc_jira.

You'll need to check the database logs to see why it is refusing access.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

20,894 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you