Error connecting to database - Login failed for user

angeline delwart November 5, 2014

Hello,

I am currently testing JIRA 6.3.9 to see if it could run in our environment. More precisely, I am trying to determine which MS SQL will be required: moving to a SQL2014 (with the DB at a lower compatibility level) or staying with a SQL2012.

I have been following the instructions given here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+SQL+Server+2012.

However, every time I try to run the wizard, I get the message "Error connecting to database - Login failed for user 'jiradev'"

The SQL server is a separate VM but both VMs are domain-joined.

The user jiradev is an AD account. (AD integration for jira-users is supposedly the next step.)

Is using an AD useraccount an issue ? Should this user be local administrator on the server on which JIRA will be running ?

2 answers

0 votes
angeline delwart November 9, 2014

solved by using sql authentication instead of windows authentication 

0 votes
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

Have you created the database and assigned it that jiradev user?

If so, can you connect directly to the database using that user (outside of the JIRA install)

Those are the first things to check. The install will require a valid user/password combination to connect to the database.

Suggest an answer