Error by Adding a Workflow on an Active Workflow Scheme

Michael Schmitz December 15, 2015

Hi,

I want to add a workflow to an existing Project to an active workflow just to handle one issue type with other screens in servicedesk. If I do this change, I can't choose this issue type anymore, where is my mistake?

So I did it:

FYI the issue type was still in the active workflow scheme but I want to add a new workflow and switch that issue type to the new workflow.

• At first I create the required screens and a screen scheme
  •  Next I create the workflow out of a copy from another.
  • Next I go in the project -> workflows -> add workflow -> add existing -> choose the new workflow -> choose the issue type -> and publish it.
  • Next I go  in Issues -> workflow schemes -> edit the active scheme ->  add workflow -> add existing -> choose the new workflow -> choose the issue type -> and publish it.
  • After that the screens are running, but the errror is comming up, that I can't choose this issue type anymore.
  • So I tried to edit the active issue type screen scheme and add there the issue type with it own screen scheme, but it doesn't work.

I hope you can help me.

Tanks,

Michael 

3 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeff Tillett
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

If you are trying to switch between issue types with different workflows, you will need to use the "move" feature so it transitions the issue into the new workflow.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Schmitz December 16, 2015

Sorry, I forgot to say that I need diffrent Screens for the transitions, too. So I thought I clone the workflow and change the Transition screens. But when I  add a second workflow, I can't switch between issue types in servicedesk anymore. Do you have a solution for this?

Just to change screens for an issue type works, but I need to Change the Transition Screens, too.

Thanks for your fast help
Michael

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 16, 2015

Let's stop and try to undestand the troublem. So, we have 2 issue type with 2 different workflows. The only difference between these workflows is different screens on several transitions. Is it the end result we want to get?

Yes, exactly. And it has to be able to switch the issue type from one to the other. I think my way with two diffrent workflows doesn't work for switching types, but I doesn't see another possibility.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015

1) transitions screens are defined on the transition where it used 2) maybe you need more that single transitions between two states with different validators and screens? E.g. if(dueDate >= today) - no screen requared if(dueDate < today) - on transition a user have a screen with field "reason for delay"

Ok, can I find anywhere an example for that? To see how I can handle it by transitions, that I can Change Screens, or fields on Screens?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 16, 2015
0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2015

If you need to change screens for an issue type you need only change issue type screen scheme.

Perhaps this will help you to understand relation between shemes: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/32985938/visualisation-of-all-scheme-for-jira-administration

If you do not see an issue type into a project - check that this issue type is included into issue type scheme for this project.

Suggest an answer