Error at sprint view in issue navigator

Rumceisz May 12, 2013

Dear All,

if you create a sprint and then add some issues to that and then you click on the link 'View in Issue Navigator', you get an error:

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Why is that?

We use Jira v5.2.8

Thansk in advance for help!

Rumi

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

What is the url of your jira instance? Do you use SSL encryption? Please ensure that your certification is placed correctly.

Rumceisz May 12, 2013

Hi Mathias,

where can I see these settings?

Thanks for your reply!

Rumi

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2013

You can view this information running the config.bat in JIRA\bin\.

Rumceisz May 13, 2013

Hi Mathias,

I opened the config.bat but there are no URL in it.

Rumceisz May 16, 2013

Hi Mathias,

sorry for disturbing but I'm a layman and couldn't find any info in the config.bat.

Can you please help for a last time?

We only have this info in the config.bat:

@ECHO OFF
REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
REM Run script for the JIRA Configurator
REM -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

REM try to find a JAVA_HOME or JRE_HOME
if not "%JRE_HOME%" == "" goto gotJreHome
set JRE_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%
if not "%JRE_HOME%" == "" goto gotJreHome
echo No JRE_HOME or JAVA_HOME environment variable is set - attempting to just run 'java' command
set _RUNJAVA="java"
goto okJavaHome

:gotJreHome
REM Note the quoting as JRE_HOME may contain spaces.
set _RUNJAVA="%JRE_HOME%\bin\java"

:okJavaHome

REM Change to the bin directory
set ORIGINAL_DIR=%cd%
cd %~dp0

REM Run the Configurator Java class
%_RUNJAVA% -classpath ../atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes;../atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/lib/*;../lib/* com.atlassian.jira.configurator.Configurator %*

REM batch files would leave me in the bin directory - change back to the original
cd %ORIGINAL_DIR%

Thanks in advance,
Rumi

codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2013

Hi Rumi,

you must start the bat file. There is slide where you can make settings about SSL. I hope this helps you.

0 votes
Rumceisz May 12, 2013

Hi MAthias,

where can I see these settings?

Thanks for your reply!

Rumi

Suggest an answer