Error assigning issue after upgrading to JIRA 4.4.

Ryan Grimard August 23, 2011

Since upgrading JIRA from 4.3 to 4.4, I am unable to assign an issue. I'm new to JIRA. The following error occurs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see: http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB com.opensymphony.user.User cannot be cast to com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.option.Option

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

This could be one of many plugins that is not uptodate with respect to jira 4.4 - or you don't have the latest version... look at your workflow and see what the post-functions are. If nothing special there take a look at the listeners.

I'm getting the assignee from a custom field using a plugin called issue-alternative-assignee (com.iamhuy.jira.plugin.issue-alternative-assignee).

Is there another way to do this?

Shoot. Looks like 4.4 is not yet supported...

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2011

You could write your own plugin but first I'd ask Huy Phan when he plans to updade it.

A few people have already asked in the last few days. I'll monitor. Thanks again.

Suggest an answer