Error after upgrading to JIRA 7.0.0

Carlos Henriques October 6, 2015

Hi.

I just upgraded my JIRA installation from JIRA 6.4.12 to JIRA Software 7.0.0.

After the upgrade JIRA showed me a page saying that the upgrade was a success but when I try to access JIRA I get a 500 error.

This are the error details:

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

7 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

JIRA support solved the problem. The error was  caused by the JIRA Calendar plugin, which is imcompatible with JIRA 7.0.

Thanks anyway.

Pinchus Gelbman November 12, 2015

Thanks, I had the same issue and it got resolved by removing the Calendar plugin.

Like Consulente Atlassian likes this
Shai Dahan March 15, 2016

I had to remove issue-type-ui-filter-4.1.2_jira-6.4.11.jar which is Issue Type Filters add-on in order to overcome the 500 error page

Like Consulente Atlassian likes this
2 votes
Carlos Henriques October 9, 2015

Hi Florent,

You need to remove the plugin file from the plugin folder:

<JIRA_HOME>\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\

And then restart the JIRA service.

0 votes
Carlos Henriques October 11, 2015

Hi.

Maybe you have a different problem that is not related to a plugin. You must check the exception that is shown on the details of that 500 error page.

I suggest you forward your problem to Atlassian support. They solved my problem on the same day I've reported.

0 votes
pramote soongkitboon October 11, 2015

Same too.

found error 500 after upgrade to version 7.0 

I'm try delete all file in <JIRA_HOME>\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\

but not work.

0 votes
Florent_Cotton October 8, 2015

Hi,

Got the same problem today.

Any helpful link to explain me how to remove/disable these plugins without the GUI, please ?

Thanks.

Consulente Atlassian December 15, 2018

login in the linuxbox

cd /var/atlassian/application-data/jira/plugins/installed-pluigins/

ls -alh issue-type-ui-filter-4.1.2_jira-6.4.11.jar

then

mv issue-type-ui-filter-4.1.2_jira-6.4.11.jar issue-type-ui-filter-4.1.2_jira-6.4.11.jar.ciccetto

and reboot Jira 

0 votes

Hi Jamie.

No, I'm not using a custom auth plugin. I don't even have any custom plugin at all, just Atlasian plugins.

My JIRA is connected to a LDAP Directory for authentication, but it's using the built-in User Management for that.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2015

Presumably you're using a custom authenticator plugin? If so you will need to modify that.

Suggest an answer