Error after upgrading to JIRA 7.0.0

Hi.

I just upgraded my JIRA installation from JIRA 6.4.12 to JIRA Software 7.0.0.

After the upgrade JIRA showed me a page saying that the upgrade was a success but when I try to access JIRA I get a 500 error.

This are the error details:

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

7 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

JIRA support solved the problem. The error was  caused by the JIRA Calendar plugin, which is imcompatible with JIRA 7.0.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks, I had the same issue and it got resolved by removing the Calendar plugin.

I had to remove issue-type-ui-filter-4.1.2_jira-6.4.11.jar which is Issue Type Filters add-on in order to overcome the 500 error page

Hi Florent,

You need to remove the plugin file from the plugin folder:

<JIRA_HOME>\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\

And then restart the JIRA service.

Presumably you're using a custom authenticator plugin? If so you will need to modify that.

Hi Jamie.

No, I'm not using a custom auth plugin. I don't even have any custom plugin at all, just Atlasian plugins.

My JIRA is connected to a LDAP Directory for authentication, but it's using the built-in User Management for that.

Hi,

Got the same problem today.

Any helpful link to explain me how to remove/disable these plugins without the GUI, please ?

Thanks.

Same too.

found error 500 after upgrade to version 7.0 

I'm try delete all file in <JIRA_HOME>\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\

but not work.

Hi.

Maybe you have a different problem that is not related to a plugin. You must check the exception that is shown on the details of that 500 error page.

I suggest you forward your problem to Atlassian support. They solved my problem on the same day I've reported.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

206 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you