Error after upgrading to JIRA 7.0.0

Hi.

I just upgraded my JIRA installation from JIRA 6.4.12 to JIRA Software 7.0.0.

After the upgrade JIRA showed me a page saying that the upgrade was a success but when I try to access JIRA I get a 500 error.

This are the error details:

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.atlassian.jira.security.JiraAuthenticationContext.getLoggedInUser()Lcom/atlassian/crowd/embedded/api/User;

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks.

7 answers

1 accepted

JIRA support solved the problem. The error was  caused by the JIRA Calendar plugin, which is imcompatible with JIRA 7.0.

Thanks anyway.

Thanks, I had the same issue and it got resolved by removing the Calendar plugin.

I had to remove issue-type-ui-filter-4.1.2_jira-6.4.11.jar which is Issue Type Filters add-on in order to overcome the 500 error page

Hi Florent,

You need to remove the plugin file from the plugin folder:

<JIRA_HOME>\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\

And then restart the JIRA service.

0 votes

Presumably you're using a custom authenticator plugin? If so you will need to modify that.

Hi Jamie.

No, I'm not using a custom auth plugin. I don't even have any custom plugin at all, just Atlasian plugins.

My JIRA is connected to a LDAP Directory for authentication, but it's using the built-in User Management for that.

Hi,

Got the same problem today.

Any helpful link to explain me how to remove/disable these plugins without the GUI, please ?

Thanks.

Same too.

found error 500 after upgrade to version 7.0 

I'm try delete all file in <JIRA_HOME>\Application Data\JIRA\plugins\installed-plugins\

but not work.

Hi.

Maybe you have a different problem that is not related to a plugin. You must check the exception that is shown on the details of that 500 error page.

I suggest you forward your problem to Atlassian support. They solved my problem on the same day I've reported.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,804 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot