Error after upgrading Jira add on to 6.3.2.1

Miguel September 30, 2013

Getting following error after updating Jira Agile to version 6.3.2.1

" Communications breakdown

The JIRA server could not be contacted. This may be a temporary glitch or the server may be down.

Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser."

This happens when trying to edit or delete workflows, as well as when trying to edit project categories.

We are running Jira on Redhat 6 with tomcat. I have tried rebooting the server several times, reindexing, and different web browsers. I still receive this error, but only when dealing with workflows and project categories.

Has anyone else run into this problem since the upgrade?

Kind regards,

Miguel

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2013

Can you look at the atlassian-jira.log file? There must be some helpful error in that log file.

I am assuming one of the plugins, that provide workflow conditions/validators/post functions is either missing or not compatible with the new version.

Miguel October 1, 2013

These are the logs from when I updated and noticed the issue.

Sep 27, 2013 3:21:31 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors processErrorMessages
WARNING: The following warnings have been detected with resource and/or provider classes:
WARNING: A sub-resource method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response is.origo.jira.plugin.rest.WorklogsResource.addHoursEmpty(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws java.lang.Exception, with URI template, "/", is treated as a resource method
Sep 27, 2013 3:21:34 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors processErrorMessages
WARNING: The following warnings have been detected with resource and/or provider classes:
WARNING: A sub-resource method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response is.origo.jira.plugin.rest.WorklogsResource.addHoursEmpty(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest) throws java.lang.Exception, with URI template, "/", is treated as a resource method
Sep 27, 2013 3:21:43 PM com.sun.jersey.spi.inject.Errors processErrorMessages
WARNING: A sub-resource method, public javax.ws.rs.core.Response is.origo.jira

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Miguel

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2013

They are warnings. Are you noticing this again when you get the communication error? Or is there some other error when you reproduce the issue?

Suggest an answer