Error adding service: com.atlassian.jira.exception

eric_gorr September 12, 2015

I have tried to install JIRA a couple of times, so I think what has happened is that I didn't clean up a previous installation as well as I should have. I am getting this strange error message during the 'Set Up Application Properties' stage of the initial JIRA configuration.

------

Error adding service: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericEntityException: while inserting: [GenericEntity:ServiceConfig][cronExpression,null][name,Backup Service][time,43200000][id,10002][clazz,com.atlassian.jira.service.services.export.ExportService] (SQL Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO public.serviceconfig (ID, delaytime, CLAZZ, servicename, CRON_EXPRESSION) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (ERROR: duplicate key value violates unique constraint "pk_serviceconfig" Detail: Key (id)=(10002) already exists.)).

-----

Any idea what is going on and what I can do to fix this?

I am running this on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS with a postgresql backend database.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Robert Dzido
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 13, 2015

You have incorrect sequence value in sequence_value_item table.

Please check it using query:

select seq_id from sequence_value_item where seq_name="ServiceConfig"

If value returned by the query is greater than:

select max(id) from serviceconfig

you need to update seq_id sequence_value_item table for seq_name = "ServiceConfig"

to value greater than second query result.

Do not forget to backup your database before changing your data and please restart JIRA application after you post the changes.

Suggest an answer