Error: Your Google Apps account email is already in use by another Atlassian Cloud account.

Ivor Scott September 14, 2016

Since the new Atlassian account login and cannot login to JIRA and it is hurting my business. 
I get this message "Your Google Apps account email is already in use by another Atlassian Cloud account. Please contact your administrators or log in with your Atlassian Cloud username and password." I am the administrator. Also clicking the button that says login using Atlassian account doesn't work, it brings be back to the same page.

Screen Shot 2016-09-14 at 9.32.18 PM.png

2 answers

0 votes
Ryan Fisher October 7, 2016

I just ran into this and the problem was caused because the Atlassian user name did not match the user's Google Apps account name. The Atlassian user was created before syncing with Google, and the accounts would not merge.

Example:

Email -> Atlassian user name : result

jdoe@example.com -> jdoe: works

john@example.com -> jdoe: fails

0 votes
Dylan Sale September 14, 2016

I went to Site Administration -> User Management ->  Google Apps and disconnected the existing Google Apps integration, then reconnected it to force a User sync. This allowed Google apps logins to work again.

Cool. Where exactly do I go to do that? I can't even get into JIRA to do that. 

Stef September 14, 2016

Request your admin role user to do it.

I am the admin

Ricardo De La Garza October 1, 2016

Same story.... If I'm the admin, and can't login how to fix this?

Ricardo De La Garza October 1, 2016
Neither login options, Google or user account works. The button "Log in using Atlassian account" Gets the same closed cycle error.
Josh Kraemer October 6, 2016

I tried reconnecting Google Apps to JIRA, but I still get the same message.

Suggest an answer