Error: Sorry, an error occured trying to log you in - please try again

Miko Villa April 4, 2016

I've checked this link:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/253781

but the reference seems to be removed from the page.

And have checked google, but no help, since there are no other errors aside from the title.

I'm new to JIRA and one of my users get this error when logging in, but I can login (as an admin/user) successfully. Any advice on this? TIA

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

That's a really old page you've found, so it's probably deprecated and not relevant to your version of JIRA.

Best thing to do is look at the log file - that will tell you what is going wrong with the login.

Miko Villa April 4, 2016

Hi Nic, sorry to ask, it may be a stupid question. But how can I check the log file again?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2016

It'll be under <JIRA home>/logs - should be called atlassian-jira.log

You should be able to get the full path (if you don't know where you set JIRA home to upon installation) by looking for it in the "system information" page under the admin section.

Miko Villa April 4, 2016

Saw it. Thanks Nic!

Suggest an answer