Error: Script post-function failed on updating Custom field of a cloned issue

Hello,

I try to create a cloned and linked issue and with that, i want to update some custom field of the cloned issue.

scriptrunner comes with an additional target issue action: set custom field.

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'My Custom Field'}
issueInputParameters.addCustomFieldValue(cf.id, 'cf value')

But in manual https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts#Built-InScripts-Clonesanissueandlinks, the same function is called:

def cf = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjects(issue).find {it.name == 'MyCustomFieldType'}
issue.setCustomFieldValue(cf, "my value")

None of them work for me. in log file I've got an error:

/WorkflowUIDispatcher.jspa [onresolve.jira.groovy.GroovyFunctionPlugin] Script post-function failed on xxx: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.canned.workflow.postfunctions.CloneIssue

with  1st snippet:

javax.script.ScriptException: javax.script.ScriptException: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'id' on null object

with 2nd snippet:

java.lang.NullPointerException

Thanks for your help

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

the problem is marked here:Cannot retrieve a set of custom field options

the functions above will work only over the options class

maybe anyone can explain the difference between issueInputParamters.add und issue.set ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 29, 2018 in Jira

How to set up an incident workflow from the VP of Engineering at Sentry

Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...

1,097 views 0 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you