Error Msg: You do not have permissions to view this Portal

Deleted user March 6, 2018

I have a user that is getting the following error "You do have permissions to view this Portal" when trying to update the Service Request type on a Reopened request.  I've checked the user permission using the Permission helper & it shows he should be able to make that update. 

Where should I look to verify/revise: Workflow, screens, etc?

2 answers

1 vote
Deleted user March 19, 2018

Not sure what the issue is but it seems to be resolved. 

M Vijay Kumar January 24, 2020

I am also facing the same issue with one of my the approvers . How did you solve the issue ?

1. He is Site admin and Jira service desk user 

2. He has tickets in 'Waiting in approval' status 

3. when approver opens it says he doesn't have permission to view the request 

4. permission helper says he has access 

Any information would be really helpful.

Thanks,

Vijay 

Like David Okundaye likes this
1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

What are the customer permissions set to on your Service Desk?  There are three settings.  If you do not have the third one set then the customer will need to be in JIRA or associated with the project depending on your setting.

image.png

The user is part of the Service Desk team & has a license. The setting is 'Customers who have an account on this JIRA site' 

This error appeared within the Service Desk screen (see attached)DAC-123A.jpg

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2018

Can you send a screen shot of the users and roles with the user highlighted.  

The user is a member of a group (Pilot-COE-DAC) that is Service Desk Team.

Does the status of the ticket matter? It is in Reopened

image.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

And the user has a service desk license applied to their account?

Yes, he does

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 6, 2018

can you add him as an individual user to the user group and see if that makes any difference and send a screenshot of his row in user and roles.

Deleted user March 7, 2018

I've added the user but I think it has more to do with the status of Reopened & what permissions are tied to that. Can you give me suggestions where I could look in the project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events