Error Message in Service Desk when Respond to Customer

Jeff White
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2014

Getting an intermittent error message in JIRA SD (online version)   

This occurs when hitting the respond to customer button.  I thought I'd messed up the workflow, but I just built a brand new Service Desk project and it happens there too.  

"could not find workflow instance #.........." 

It's an intermittent problem, or at least I cannot figure out the sequence yet. 

any help on what's going on would be appreciated. 

Capture.PNG

Could not find workflow instance #32555: root cause: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT NAME, INITIALIZED, STATE FROM public.OS_WFENTRY WHERE ID=? (ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block)

Could not find workflow instance #32555: root cause: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT NAME, INITIALIZED, STATE FROM public.OS_WFENTRY WHERE ID=? (ERROR: current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block)

4 answers

0 votes
StephanieC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

Can you suggest a solution or workaround for this issue? We are experiencing the same issue, but not in JIRA Service Desk.

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2015

We had one similar case where the database was encoded in another encoding than UTF8.

Can you confirm if that's not the culprit here?

Cheers,
Andre 

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 21, 2014

Try to run the Integrity Checker and see if it reports any workflow integrity issues. You can fix the error on the UI if it finds any.

If integrity checker is not finding any, raising a support request is the best option.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 18, 2014

My guess is something is wrong with your DB config which is causing DB inconsistency. Please file a support request at: https://support.atlassian.com/ and we can dig deeper into the issue. Please provide a full set of logs by going to Administration -> System -> Atlassian Support Tools -> Support Zip -> Create. Please make sure that the boxes for all the log files are checked. This helps to reduce the amount of back and forth to get the information we need to resolve your problem. 

Suggest an answer