Error Jira Server

MarcoC January 22, 2013

Hi!!

Today I open my Jira form the browser, and this is the error that it apper...

HTTP Status 500 - com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertyImplementationException: Unable to esablish a connection with the database. (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)

I'm trying to find the log of the error to post it here, but if someone have any idea about this, it colud be very helpfull for me...

Regards,

Marco

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

is the database running and accepting connections?

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 22, 2013

Yes, I also suggest to check the logs for any DB connectivity issues. If the DB is oracle, should see some ORA error.

MarcoC January 22, 2013

i'm using MySQL database on Windows server

In sercives.msc the service "MySQL" isn't Started!!! GREAT!

... but when I click on it, I have an error: "Error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly"

Now I think it could be a problem of MySQL, correct??

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2013

Through mysql can you connect to your database?

Rahul

MarcoC January 22, 2013

allright, I will start to talk with my DBA...

Thanks for your help!!!!

I will post the solution, if I will reach it :-)

Regards,

Marco

MarcoC January 22, 2013

mysql -u root -p

I write my pwd

ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL Server on 'localhost' (10061)

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

thats what i expected...so you're right Marco.

this is not a jira issue...

i didn't read all the answers posted here -> http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?11,11388,11388

but you may find time to do so

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

focus on "Error 1067: the process terminated unexpectedly"

you cannot connect to a DB when your DB server is down

check .err files or any existing logs that contain mysql info.

there can be many reasons for the service to die immediately...

you will need to narrow them down

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

You got it. your mysql is down. Can you check with your local admin/DBA to see whats wrong with the mysql instance

Rahul

MarcoC January 22, 2013

JIRA 5.2 build: 812 started. You can now access JIRA through your web browser.

2013-01-23 16:07:33,978 localhost-startStop-1 WARN [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]

WARNING: The system property 'mail.mime.decodeparameters' is not set to true. This may result in e-mail attachments with non-Latin filenames being dropped. For more information please see https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/docs-052/__setting_mail.mime.decodeparameters.

2013-01-23
16:07:33,993 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL [atlassian.jira.startup.JiraStartupLogger]

The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started: Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded), Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard), Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory), Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)

2013-01-23 16:07:33,993 localhost-startStop-1 FATAL [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher] Skipping, JIRA is locked.
2013-01-23 16:07:33,993 localhost-startStop-1 INFO [atlassian.jira.scheduler.JiraSchedulerLauncher] JIRA Scheduler not started: JIRA startup checklist failed.
2013-01-23 16:07:34,103 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher]

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.

MarcoC January 22, 2013

This is the error that now I have when I start Jira...

THO SOLUTION OF THE PROBLEM BEFORE: I have removed in the my.ini file of MySQL, the last 3 lines:

federated = 1 M
plugin =
plugin-load =

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013
Can you clear the plugins directories and restart jira?
MarcoC January 22, 2013

I found the solution in this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=223220062

Thanks to all tor the help!!

Marco

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2013

The error is that JIRA cannot contact the database. either its down or the password is incorrect? check you can ping the host (to know its alive), telnet to the database server port (to know the database its contactable) login with the credentials in the JIRA_HOME/dbconfig.xml file. Something there should show you the cause and allow you to resolve the problem.(Andy, nov 2012)

Also, Try removing all your plugins from the JIRA_HOME\plugins\installed-plugins and restart JIRA.

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/110284/cannot-access-jira-page-after-upgrade-from-5-1-7-to-version-5-2

Rahul

Suggest an answer