Error Importing CSV file.

sidharth Malhotra February 19, 2014

Can someone help me understand this error?

Error importing issue ExternalIssue{externalId=autoid-2120182549912055863, summary=Test, issueType=null}
Exception occurred parsing comment. Some values may not be set

1 answer

0 votes
pborkowski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Hi,

As I belive "Exception occurred parsing comment. Some values may not be set" is a warning during your import. JIM Allows to types of comments via CSV: plain text and "CSV Comment Format" (e.g: "01/01/2012 10:10;Admin; This comment works"). It seems that importer is trying to interpret your comment as the second type. If you are not using this format - please just ignore this warning as your comment is then treated as Plain-text and created correctly.

But, if your import is failing (you can see some red messages), then there is something else wrong with your import and it's not connected to the comment warning. I would need your import Log to investigate what is happening with your import. Please paste it over here (at least the part with Exception) or create an issue under JIM Project (https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/JIM) and attach your log over there.

Cheers,

Przemek

Suggest an answer