Error Creating JIRA Issue

AnonyMe May 17, 2013

Environment: JIRA 5.2, SQL Server 2008 database, evaluation copy of JIRA

We have a test instance of JIRA. Several weeks ago I created a test project and issue. When I went in recently to edit the issue I got an error regarding a key conflict on "ID" column. I created 2 new projects and tried to create new issues for them, but got a similar error:

Exception while executing the following:INSERT INTO dbo.jiraissue (ID, pkey, PROJECT, REPORTER, ASSIGNEE, issuetype, SUMMARY, DESCRIPTION, ENVIRONMENT, PRIORITY, RESOLUTION, issuestatus, CREATED, UPDATED, DUEDATE, RESOLUTIONDATE, VOTES, WATCHES, TIMEORIGINALESTIMATE, TIMEESTIMATE, TIMESPENT, WORKFLOW_ID, SECURITY, FIXFOR, COMPONENT) VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) (The INSERT statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint "FK_jiraissue_fileattachment". The conflict occurred in database "JiraTest", table "dbo.fileattachment", column 'ID'.))

I deleted the original issue and tried to create a new one, in any of the 3 projects, but still received the same error.

It seems to be some kind of corruption in the database, especially since I can't change the ID value directly. Is this a known issue with a resolution?

2 answers

0 votes
AnonyMe May 20, 2013

So does anyone in JIRA support have any idea why I might be getting this foreign key violation? We are dead in the water with our test until this gets resolved.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2013

Not sure whether this will help but try the database integrity checker (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Database+Integrity+Checker).

AnonyMe May 19, 2013

Hi Timothy. Thanks for the helpful suggestion. Unfortunately (fortunately?), all tests passed. Stiil, good to know about this handy tool.

Suggest an answer