Error: Can't connect to Confluence because the application link is missing.

Stephen Price May 17, 2017

I am using the hosted version of both Jira and Confluence.

Under my Service Desk project, when I open a new or existing issue I see this message under Related knowledge base articles.

Can't connect to Confluence because the application link is missing. Check the Confluence settings in Application Links.

I have checked the application link within both Jira and Confluence. They exist, and show status as system, so I can't change them...

I can't remove or re-establish the applicatoin link, and I'm not certain what my next step is to try and resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 26, 2017

Hi Stephen,

It looks like you created a support case on our customer support portal https://getsupport.atlassian.com which is what I would have recommended in this case. 

For our Cloud sites connecting to each other there should not need to be any changes made to application links to make this work, but I think there might have been a problem specific to your Cloud site that our support team can help with in order to resolve.

Regards,

Andy

Suggest an answer