Error 500 on Move Issue between projects

João Duarte August 11, 2014

Hello,

On a fresh JIRA 6.3.1 installation with data imported from an On Demand backup, we are getting an Error 500 on moving an Issue between projects. Clone is also affected. No other issues are identified atm.

java.lang.RuntimeException: Expected exactly 2 rows; the maximum marker row and the lowest ranked row for rank field[id=13740]

Jira 6.3.1 with Agile 6.4.3 on a Win Server 2012R2 with MySQL DB.

Best regards,

João Duarte

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
João Duarte August 14, 2014

I ended up having to open a ticket in the JIRA support. A simple check revelated that the MySQL table AO_60DB71_LEXORANK was empty, sign of a problematic import, maybe version missmatch from the On Demand to Local Server? Don't know.

Anyway, the following two SQL queries resolved my issue, please be careful with this, your problem might not be the same. Check the AO_60DB71_LEXORANK table first.

INSERT INTO AO_60DB71_LEXORANK (ID, FIELD_ID, ISSUE_ID, RANK, TYPE) VALUES (DEFAULT, 13740, -9223372036854775808, '0|000000:', 0);
INSERT INTO AO_60DB71_LEXORANK (ID, FIELD_ID, ISSUE_ID, RANK, TYPE) VALUES (DEFAULT, 13740, 9223372036854775807, '0|zzzzzz:', 2);
After this, do a full locked re-index.
You should now be able to move, export and clone Issues.

Edit: Atention! Your FIELD_ID might be diferent, mine was 13740 as seen on the 500 error. Use the correct ID.

Good luck!
Best regards,
João Duarte

sathish yellanty November 10, 2014

thanks João Duarte, it worked for me ... you saved my day .. //Sathish

0 votes
Shannon Howe August 13, 2014

I am having the same issue. It impacts both "move" and "clone" functionality. This article was relevant but didn't apply to me (there were no duplicate rows in that table that needed to be deleted):

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/Cannot+reindex+jira+due+to+Expected+exactly+2+rows+the+maximum+marker+row+and+the+lowest+ranked+row+for+rank+field

0 votes

Ty for the quick response.

The Reindex never game me errors.

However, when I execute the SQL query SELECT FIELD_ID, TYPE, substring(RANK from 1 for 1) AS bucket FROM AO_60DB71_LEXORANK WHERE TYPE IN (0, 2);

the result is an empty set...

I checked on the original On Demand JIRA and the issue is not present there, only on the local server.

Best regards,

João Duarte

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2014

Ty for the quick response.

The Reindex never game me errors.

However, when I execute the SQL query SELECT FIELD_ID, TYPE, substring(RANK from 1 for 1) AS bucket FROM AO_60DB71_LEXORANK WHERE TYPE IN (0, 2);

the result is an empty set...

I checked on the original On Demand JIRA and the issue is not present there, only on the local server.

Best regards,

João Duarte

Just found out that the table AO_60DB71_LEXORANK is empty. Is this normal with an active Agile plugin?

Suggest an answer