Error 1053 when stopping Windows service

NickW April 7, 2014

Hi All

I always get a windows error 1053 when I shut down the Atlassian JIRA service. This then means I have to manually kill the Tomcat service and the subsequently have to rebuild the felix cache on startup.

Looking online I found this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839174

Which suggests .NET 1.1 is required. However this is not supported on Windows 7 64Bit.

So...

1. Has anyone else come accross this problem?

2. How did you resolve it?

3. Does anyone have suggestions as to what might be causing this?

As ever...Many thanks

Nick

2 answers

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

It may be related to the fact that jira shutdown takes too long. It could be caused by some 3rd party plugin. I would recomend disabling them and then testing again. If it helps, try enabling them one by one to pinpoint problematic one.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

Hi Nick, I see here that this message can also be related to the account associated to the windows service. Did you have the chance to change the user account? Also, have you tried to remove and reinstall the JIRA service?

Cheers

Suggest an answer