Epics not showing up in panel

Mike Agee January 10, 2014

I have created another scrum board to associate with a project. Unfortunately, none of the Epics show up in the Epics Panel. Any ideas?

Version is 6.2

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Peter T
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

The list of epics depends on the filter configured for the board. For example if the filter returns issues with no Epic associated with them (Epic Link field). Then there will be no filters.
If the filter returns issues associated with Epic1 only then only this epic will show.

This is designed as the Epics on the boards are a way to show less (filter) issues on the board.

Mike Agee January 12, 2014

Thanks for getting me on the right track here. I did include Epics in the board filter but had also created a constraint based in status.

0 votes
Dennis T February 26, 2020

For others with similar issues, the Epic Status field might be to blame.

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2014
I think that every board has its own unique identifier. So, your epics are assigned to sprints for a scrum boards which have also unique identifiers. An epic can assigned to several sprints. This is the reason why they are not applicable in the new scrum board. Try to reassign the epics to the new board.
Mike Agee January 11, 2014

Thanks for your response. I attempted to search the documentation for reassigning an epic and have come up emty-handed so far. But let me ask this, should I clear the one and only sprint I have defined at this time? Would this un-link the epics from the old board?

Suggest an answer