Epics not showing on Scrum Board under EPICs

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

None of my Epics are showing on my scrum board. They exist and are on the issues, why are they not showing. I also tried creating one from the board and it does not show up. I checked the board filter and made sure the Epic met the filter criteria and still it would not show up. Is there some setting I am overlooking?

Jira downloaded version 6.0.4 and Jira Agile 6.3.5

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

PROBLEM RESOLVED: Issue was with the filter, it had components not equal to a value, but then because I had most of the issues not have a value at all, they were empty, I had to add "OR Component = EMPTY" for them to show up. That fixed it and all is good:) Thanks Benito for trying to help!

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 4, 2013

Hey jana,

Could you please check if the "Epic" issue type is setup correctly inside your projects Issue type scheme?

If this is the case, then the scrum board, which is linked to the project itself, will not bring the epics because it is not "seeing" them.

Let me know if this helped you,

Benito Picarelli

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 4, 2013

Yes, it was set up correctly

Suggest an answer