Epics, managing workflows & status (@ the Epic level but based on the children)

Edward Geddes March 27, 2013

So here is my challenge...I've tried looking for documentation but haven't yet tracked anything down so if this is answered somewhere, please point me to it! :-)

I want to be able to manage as much as possible at the Epic-level while having the ability to drill-down into the details (but going directly into the children (Issues, sub-tasks, etc.)

1. Is there a way to automate a status change for the Epic based on the collective status of the children? Example: All children = Done so Epic Status = Done
  2. Is there a document or example that describes what info, if any, can essentially be passed up to the Epic from the children? (example: We may t-shirt-size stories in points but when it comes to tasking out stories, we are dealing with hours. I want, on the epic, to be able to see the total estimated hours across all my stories, sub-tasks, etc. as well as seeing amount of hours spent and amount of hours remaining)

1 answer

0 votes
John Garcia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2013

Edward,

You may find the HowTo: Track Epics in the Control Chart helpful for keeping the Epic Status in sync with the Workflow Status. For the time tracking, consider Tempo.

Suggest an answer