Epic not showing up in Agile Board

Steve Thompson September 11, 2014

I have a couple of epics that aren't showing up in plan mode (all our others do).  When I search against just the filter the board is using the epics show up.  These particular epics were in sprints that were closed in the past.  I've manually added it to a new sprint but it still doesn't show up in the agile board. 

Anyone have any suggestions?

6 answers

3 votes
Steve Thompson September 17, 2014

In this case the Epic Status had been set to Done.  I was able to add Epic Status to the default screen and set it back to In Progress to cause the Epic to cause the Epic to show up in Plan mode again.

1 vote
leroykahn February 9, 2017

Change the Epic to another Issue Type liek Story or Task and then Move it back to an Epic. This worked for me.  

Alexander Toker October 31, 2018

This will make all the issue beneath the Epic to lose the link. This did not resolved the issue for me.

Like Stefan Zivojinovic likes this
0 votes
Alexander Toker October 31, 2018

I had the same issue. I resolved by cloning not done existing Epic and  bulk assigning it instead of the one that is not showing.

Maybe the reason is that the new assigned Epics listed in the menu for the Bulk Change as Done (even though it is a brand new and definitely not Done). 

This look like a bug on JIRA side.

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 14, 2014
0 votes
Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 11, 2014

Hi Steve,

You should be able to see it on the Plan Mode (for Scrum boards). You can't configure Work Mode to display the epic on the cards, however you could try configuring epic-based swimlanes, also, if you are using a Scrum board.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Cheers!

The issue is it's not showing up in Plan mode. All my other epics are. I can't figure out why just these two don't show up.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
September 11, 2014

If you execute the filter that is configured on the board. Will you be able to see those epics?

Like Project Manager likes this
Steve Thompson September 12, 2014

Yes, as mentioned in the original post the epics show up in the filter.

Elisa [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
September 12, 2014

Steve, please open a ticket on SAC (support.atlassian.com) under JIRA Cloud and we will gladly investigate the problem for you. Cheers!

0 votes

I just noticed it shows up as in progress on the Work board and Is referenced in the Report board.

Suggest an answer