Epic linking & jql filters

Jeremy Spencer August 30, 2014

Hi All, This is my first post :-) Would someone kindly be able to help with my jql agile board filters? I am trying to set up JIRA so that epics in team project spaces are shown, plus I can also see stories count and point count in a epic within a master backlog project linked from the team project spaces. Better details...

1- I create Epics in a project called "MASTER BACKLOG", this is an EPIC only area to track EPICS overall progress and see story count and story point count.

2- I create stories in the following projects "TEAM1" and "TEAM2" and link these stories to the MASTER BACKLOG Epics.

3- We can view the MASTER BACKLOG EPICS in each of the projects TEAM1 and TEAM 2 that are linked to MASTER BACKLOG EPIC

1 to 3 - Can someone help me with the jql filter for each project to achieve this? Greatly appreciated!

4- I would also like a rule that we a user creates a story it must be linked, if not linked than it can not be created message would appear such as "must link story to epic". Therefor making epic linking mandatory. Can this be done out of the box or would I need an add-on for this?

Thank you,

Jeremy

1 answer

0 votes
Jeremy Spencer August 31, 2014

Hi All, I found this and I feel this should answer my own question. Worth a read if interested. http://blogs.atlassian.com/2013/10/project-portfolio-management-with-jira-agile-12/

Suggest an answer