Epic link not found when typing it

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

Dear all,

I have created an EPIC in a project.
Then I create a new issue, in which I try to refer to the created EPIC.

What we find out is that, if we start to type in the epic name, a sugestion gets displayed.
If we select the epic from the suggestion list, then it take it succesfully.

But then if we continue to typing the whole epic name, it says the epic does not exist.

why epic is not find out when typing it without selecting the suggestion ? 

Does it require a special format ?

1 answer

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2021

Hi! 

Do you mean Epic name did not find in epic link field in the task type issue ? 

If so, could you share status of Epic? 

https://www.atlassian.com/agile/project-management/epics#:~:text=An%20epic%20is%20a%20large,over%20a%20set%20of%20sprints.

serge calderara
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2021

hi @Gonchik Tsymzhitov ,

What I mean is that if I type in the exact name of my epic name, it says does not exist as seen below :

chrome_JlMKCU34kv.png

But if I select it directly from the suggestion list, then it works ok.
chrome_k4qfl9lqMj.png

what is the difference ?

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2021

Hi @serge calderara 

Did you check if the saved epic name (in the epic) has any extra spacing characters which could cause a mismatch?

Best regards,

Bill

Suggest an answer