Epic link is not a "required" field after JIRA restarts.

Nirmal Pant September 24, 2014

Hi,

I wanted to add "Epic Link" to our custom screens, so in order to do that I first unlocked the Epic Link as per the documentation (https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/How+to+unlock+a+Locked+field) ,  added it to the screen I also set it to "Required" as we wanted it mandatory in screens ( using the field configurations). Locked the field again. But whenever our JIRA server restarts the field is no more "Required" in the screens. Any idea why its happening ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Nirmal

1 answer

0 votes
Chag
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 24, 2014

I don't believe you can make epics mandatory. I have tried before in the past and it just doesn't allow you. are you on OD or server?

Nirmal Pant September 25, 2014

Hi John, Thanks for replying. We were able to make epic mandatory by following the above mentioned steps. But the problem is it gets "Optional" as soon as JIRA is restarted. We are on Server. Regards, Nirmal

Deleted user October 25, 2017

We're experiencing the same issue.   Any solutions to making this setting persistent through a JIRA restart yet? 

We too needed to do the unlock/lock thing, as making this mandatory in workflows doesn't cover the 'move' case (e.g. if you make Epic Link a required field for Stories, on the Create transition, people can still 'move' a bug or Task to a Story, and avoid this requirement because the issue is already created. 

Thus we need to have it set as 'required'.

Suggest an answer