Epic is not visible in Epic Panel after creation

Michael Kuhl December 25, 2012

When I create a new Epic in GreenHopper 6.1 in Jira 5.1 I get the notice "Your Epic XXX-XX has been created but is not currently visible".

The Epic doesn't appear in the Epic panel yet the issue itself shows up in the backlog so it would seem the filter is not the problem.

Any idea's how to make the Epic visible in the Epic panel?

3 answers

1 accepted

7 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Kuhl January 1, 2013

Ok solved the problem: The Epic issue type was not in my project’s Issue Type Scheme. Added it and everything worked as expected.

Richa Arya September 27, 2020

how did you add it ? 

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 25, 2012

Hi Michael,

There could be a related KB article which may help on the problem here, can you kindly try to refer to it and see if it helps:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Your+issue+XXX+has+been+created+but+is+not+currently+visible+on+the+Rapid+Board

Things that we can try to check here is to ensure that the Sprint custom field is configured to Global context in it's configuration. However if the problem remains, I believe that it's best for you to raise a support ticket in support.atlassian.com for further assistance on this.

Thanks.

Michael Kuhl December 25, 2012

Thanks Ahmad.
I have checked that article and confirmed the global context. However, I did notice that there was another custom field named Sprint that existed before we installed GreenHopper. I would assume that GreenHopper would reference it's custom field by ID though. I will delete that custom field, reindex, and try again. I'll update here when I see the result.

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2012

Sure, let us know how it goes Michael.

Thanks.

Michael Kuhl December 27, 2012

That didn't seem to fix it. I will open a support issue.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2012

Did you by chance anytime recreate the Epic issue type in JIRA after GreenHopper was installed?

Michael Kuhl January 1, 2013

No I didn't. I see only one issue type named Epic.

Shahnawaz Nazir June 24, 2020

Probably you may have opened 2 separate projects in a single session of your browser. Just close all sessions and  open only one. The created EPIC may have gone to some other project.

Suggest an answer