Epic is not visible in Epic Panel after creation

When I create a new Epic in GreenHopper 6.1 in Jira 5.1 I get the notice "Your Epic XXX-XX has been created but is not currently visible".

The Epic doesn't appear in the Epic panel yet the issue itself shows up in the backlog so it would seem the filter is not the problem.

Any idea's how to make the Epic visible in the Epic panel?

3 answers

1 accepted

Ok solved the problem: The Epic issue type was not in my project’s Issue Type Scheme. Added it and everything worked as expected.

Hi Michael,

There could be a related KB article which may help on the problem here, can you kindly try to refer to it and see if it helps:
- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GHKB/Your+issue+XXX+has+been+created+but+is+not+currently+visible+on+the+Rapid+Board

Things that we can try to check here is to ensure that the Sprint custom field is configured to Global context in it's configuration. However if the problem remains, I believe that it's best for you to raise a support ticket in support.atlassian.com for further assistance on this.

Thanks.

Thanks Ahmad.
I have checked that article and confirmed the global context. However, I did notice that there was another custom field named Sprint that existed before we installed GreenHopper. I would assume that GreenHopper would reference it's custom field by ID though. I will delete that custom field, reindex, and try again. I'll update here when I see the result.

Sure, let us know how it goes Michael.

Thanks.

That didn't seem to fix it. I will open a support issue.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion Dec 28, 2012

Did you by chance anytime recreate the Epic issue type in JIRA after GreenHopper was installed?

No I didn't. I see only one issue type named Epic.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,914 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot