Epic and Version filters on the side of a kanban board

Matt Warman March 12, 2015

Why can't I have the Epic and Version filters on the side of a kanban board (like I can on a Scrum board)? We use a Kanban board to manage the long-term backlog. Items move through a series of review and refinement stages. At the last stage they appear on a scrum board to create the true development backlog.

On our kanban board it would be really helpful to be able to filter by Epic.

2 answers

0 votes
Marshall Guillory September 17, 2015

We need this feature on kanban boards too. I've had to create a scrum board for our teams just because the tech leads like to use versions and epics sidebar!

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

Its a requested feature. See https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-7052

Btw, you can create swimlanes based on Epics in the latest version. Sounds like you need that?

Matt Warman March 12, 2015

Swimlanes don't work for us for 2 reasons: 1) We have more Epics that is practical. 2) Swimlanes makes ranking across Epics problematic.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2015

I am guessing you will have to wait for GHS-7052 then!

Mike Flader May 31, 2018

I need this feature too!

Nicholas Tang November 17, 2019

I need this too!

fabricehong April 15, 2021

I also need it

Suggest an answer