Epic Tag and Label is missing on Sprint/Backlog board

Lucas Tomasi December 15, 2016

How can i configure to show de epics like this?
https://answers.atlassian.com/download/attachments/33150594/jira.PNG?version=1&modificationDate=1452607501924&api=v2

I saw this link in the documentation, but I did not understand how to add the epic in the board filter: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/epic-tag-or-label-is-missing-on-sprint-board-779158640.html

EDITED

I'm using the default filter:

project = MEET ORDER BY Rank ASC

And the epic is effectively associated:

epiclink.png

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2016

Hi Lucas,

a thing or two you might want to check:

• first of all, your board has a JQL filter behind it which collects the issues. You can find it by going to the configuration of your Board, on the General tab. What the docs are saying is that your epics should be part of the filter result behind your board. Your filter is excluding epics if it has anything like this in it:
    • issuetype != epic
    • issuetype in (story, task, bug)
  • next, make sure your issues are effectively associated with epics. Issues not linked to an epic will - evidently - not display an epic link in the backlog view

Lucas Tomasi December 16, 2016

Hello Walter, I updated my question with my JQL filter and screen showing the epic association. Can you help me? Thanks!

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 16, 2016

Hi Lucas,

In the top right corner of your board, click the button with the 3 dots. I guess you will find the option to show epics labels there:

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 18.04.34.png

Hope that this will fix the mysterious problem!

Suggest an answer