Epic / Story - Jira query of the results of the test executions with "Pass" or "Fail"?

Dante July 11, 2021

Hello,

is the following possible with an out-of-the box JIRA installation? Zephyr is not installed...

The hierarchy of

Epic
Story
Task
Subtask

is being used.

The Story has multiple Tasks, for which by default a test Task is being created.

I want to have a Jira query of the results of the test executions with the result of "Pass" or "Fail".

The idea is to have real time test result overview of all the Epics with the corresponding Story's.

1 answer

0 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

Hi @Dante ,

you can create special issue types like Test, Test Plan, Test Execution with different custom fields etc. and you can link it with your issues, but you won't have any advanced functionalities like special reporting, test organization, test plans, automated testing etc. available.

I would recommend you to use some test management application. I don't know if you are on server / DC / cloud, but for each deployment option there are several options (not only Zephyr).

Dante July 11, 2021

Hello @Hana Kučerová 

thank you for your fast reply.

I am on Server.

Is there a recommendation for such an application?

In fact I was curious if this report was indeed achievable without plugins.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2021

Hey @Dante ,

please try to look into Testing & QA apps category on the marketplace for test management apps.

ad OOB - this sort of reporting is complicated, so even though I can imagine using native issue type for storing information about executions, you will probably end up in need of advanced reporting app. 

Test management apps usually have a lot of reports available.

Suggest an answer