It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Epic Screen Scheme error

I tried to create new screen scheme fo Epic issue type and when I associated to a specific project it give me the following error:

There are 2 sub-tasks that will be affected by this change. You must have at least one valid sub-task issue type.

what shall I do here? thank you

2 answers

2 votes

This question is not answerable because it's wrong.  Changing screen schemes will not give you that warning.

You must be changing something else, almost certainly the issue type scheme.  

The warning message is telling you that it cannot do what you have asked it to without damaging your data. 

Your options are

• Change the new scheme so that it includes at least one sub-task type
  • Find the two sub-tasks and convert them to issues
  • Find the two sub-tasks and delete them
  • Find the two sub-tasks and change their parents to be another issue that is in a project where you are keeping sub-tasks

or find that task and delete task

0 votes
tom lister Community Leader Oct 28, 2018

Hi @Qais Alkhatib

are you associating with the project by a new issue type screen scheme.

if so, it will have to include issue screen associations for all issues in the project, not just epics.

more info please.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you