Epic Name suddenly a REQUIRED field

Alison Hughes December 2, 2013

Hi ,

We are having this problem , an improvement type has suddenly changed so that it needs an epic name . But I can't change it as the epic name is locked. I see there are other people with the same issue, could you please allow me to reomve the improvement issue type from the epic name field.

Thanks Ali

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alison Hughes December 8, 2013

Refered this to Support and they resolved the issue.

0 votes
pkirkeby
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

Hi Alison,

If the Epic Name field is assocaited with the wrong issue type, the fix requires changes through the database. Please file a support ticket at support.atlassian.com for assistance with this, as you won't have access to the backend if using OnDemand :)

0 votes
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 2, 2013

Hi Alison

I believe this documentation might help you in that case: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILEKB/How+to+unlock+a+Locked+field

After unlocking the field you can unmark it as required

Cheers,

Ricardo Carracedo.

Alison Hughes December 2, 2013

Thanks , but we are On Demand , so don't have access to this .

RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 2, 2013

Sorry for not noticing it.

Suggest an answer