Epic Name [deprecated, this field is no longer being used]

Manikanta May 25, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I got an error message while migrating a project from one instance to another instance. Below is the screeshot of Error. Issue is in my JIRA instance, there is system field "Epic Name [deprecated, this field is no longer being used]" exists but which is not presnt in my current JIRA instance. I can't add this field as this came with while upgrading JIRA agile. Can someone help me in resolving the issue?

Error_SystemField.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

This can happen with some versions of JIRA Agile - are you on version 6.1?  If so, then the simple fix is to upgrade to 6.2 or above.

Manikanta May 25, 2017

Hi Nic,

We are on JIRA v7.2.2 version but still exists. what is the workaround?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2017

Ok, so you're not using JIRA Agile, you're using JIRA Software.

That should not have this particular bug.  But, where is the import file from?  Is that system also on JIRA 7.2.2 and the same version of JIRA Software?

Manikanta May 25, 2017

Yes, both JIRA vesions are same and on 7.2.2. Import file is from 7.2.2 only. What will be our next steps to do?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2017

Good, then the next thing to look at is why those fields do not exist.  They're hard to delete from JIRA, as they're "locked" by the add-on.

Have they really been deleted, or just renamed?

Suggest an answer