Epic Name Field localized

Deleted user September 23, 2015

Hi all,

we're currently in the process of evaluating JIRA as a replacement for our current development ticketing system.

Being a German-based company, all of our PCs run Windows localized to German.

JIRA takes the localization a little bit too far in my eyes:
After installation, even the internal field names are localized, thus "epic name" becomes "Epic-Name". Unfortuately, an add-on that we want to try out (Plangle) seems to bail out on this.

So, I'd like to know: Is there any possibility to install the entire JIRA suite in English?

Switching the locale (Location and Language) of my current user to English makes the installer talk to in English.

However, as soon as the first webbrowser opens, the installation continues in German, and also the internal field names are translated as well.

I have completely removed the Atlassian directory, thus also deleting our test database.

I hope you can help us.

Best regards

Michael Schnick

digivod gmbh

1 answer

0 votes
Deniz Oğuz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 23, 2015

People that will be using the Plange may switch their JIRA Language to English from their profile. JIRA allows every user to specify his own locale. This may not be acceptable for you though. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events