Epic Link field suggestions shows wrong Epic Names?

Hi all,

I've tried to find anyone else experiencing this elsewhere, and I've seen people who had similar issues (at least with the use of the word 'unlabelled') when using the Scrum board, but I don't have issues there.

On the 'Edit Issue' screen of any normal issue, when clicking in to the Epic Link field to assign the issue to an Epic, the Suggestions list that pops up shows, presently, two Epics:

"unlabelled-TEST-10 - (TEST-10)"

"Test Epic - (TEST-12)"

Except that TEST-10, not 12, has the Epic Name of "Test Epic" and TEST-12 has the Epic Name "Epic 2"

Since changing TEST-10 to have an Epic Name of 'Another Epic Name', the list is now:

"unlabelled-TEST-12 - (TEST-12)"

"Epic 2 - (TEST-10)"

Any help would be much appreciated as I'd love for our team to go back to using Epics.

JIRA 5.2.11 & GreenHopper 6.2.5



7 answers

1 accepted

Hi! I believe this bug is the cause of this problem: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9158 You can try the workarounds available on the bug report, until it gets fixed. Cheers, Felipe

Thank you :)

I was only searching for 'unlabelled' initially. Workaround 1 works, heh :)

1 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion Jul 28, 2013

Have you tried to reindex your JIRA?

Yep, sorry, although I'm re-indexing it again now for other recent changes.

I've had this for a while, although I only recently upgraded from JIRA 5.1 to 5.2 and the issue persists, so I felt like this was a more appropriate time to report it.

The examples above are from a test project, but the same issue manifests if I create epics in the main project.

Are you trying to assign a story to an epic after it has already been created vs. adding it to an epic upon creation? I have noticed the Epic Label works differently than the Epic Link. I would suggest adding stories through the Epic UI if possible.

I'm not aware of an 'Epic Label', separately, but, yep, I am trying to assign them directly in JIRA after creating them, as this is a much more natural workflow for us.

I was hoping someone else had seen it and fixed it, although I know Atlassian only recently added support for the above in GreenHopper 6.2.2.

Having the same issue.

I'd ask you guys to have a little patience and try to apply the workarounds available on the bug report until it gets fixed: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-9158

There was no impatience implied, simply a registration that I too experience the issue (and in doing so, helping in guide you as to its importance or non-importance in the grand scheme of things. I'm already using the workaround.

+1 on this, suprised a customer

Suggest an answer

Log in or Sign up to answer
How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

285 views 3 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you