Epic Link field became disabled

Alexander Pisarev June 27, 2015

Somehow recently my epic link field became disabled on all forms. I'm not using greenhopper features for Agile. This add-on is not installed on my cloud jira. I'm just using the field schemas from it. 

Here is a screenshot of story creation screen:

Screenshot 2015-06-28 00.01.30.png

as you can see, epic link field as long as sprint are disabled. How I can fix that?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Pisarev July 14, 2015

The problem was fixed for me. Epic Links can be accessed now. Seems like it was Atlassian issue.  No official response from them though. But I'm glad that it is working now.

0 votes
Tony Bui July 2, 2015

I have the same issue recently. It seems that the Agile plugin is not enabled and causes conflict on handling that field.

0 votes
Matthew Kittredge June 29, 2015

I'm seeing the same thing in my company's OnDemand instance.

0 votes
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 29, 2015

Seems this is not a configuration in the screen itself, since its showing the name of the fields. Otherwise, the whole line should disappear.

Is this happening in different browsers? Maybe a specific one is facing problems to load that fields.

Andre

Alexander Pisarev June 29, 2015

I checked in Chrome (43.0.2357.130 m) and Firefox (38.0.5) - epic link is disabled. I also have 2 account (1 personal 1 at work) of Jira Cloud. All of them are suffered from the same issue.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2015

I have exactly the same problem on my Cloud instance. Both Chrome and Firefox.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 3, 2015

OK, so after a bit of a struggle I have removed Jira Agile Add-on under UPM. We didn't used it but it was there for somer reason. Now, I can no longer see "Epic Link" field but I can still create Epics though! There is no longer "Epic Link" field in settings, I only see "Epic/Theme" which is different animal. Something clearly isn't going right here!

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2015

..starting Jira Agile trial made "Epic Link" working again, but that's not the ideal solution for us :/

Alexander Pisarev July 3, 2015

That is not a solution at all :) The question is - why now? Everything was fine even after removing Jira Agile add-on.

Adrian Wieczorek
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 3, 2015

@Alexander Toschev , you are absolutely right. We have been using "epics" before Jira Agile was introduced and after that without any issues. I hope it won't now become mandatory to buy Jira Agile just to have Epics! Looking forward for Atlassian to clarify this asap.

Alexander Pisarev July 3, 2015

@Adrian White I hope Atlassian would not do that. I don't need boars or Agile planning tools. I just need Epics and Stories. Waiting for Atlassian response.

0 votes
Edvárd Konrád Darabos June 29, 2015

Same here. This problem appeared recently for me in OnDemand.

Suggest an answer