Epic Issues

Big Jim August 5, 2017

Hi

I have a question about Epics. I have set up a number of Epics and have added all necessry issues to the Epics. 

However, I have other issues and subtasks that I want to identify as being linked to the Epic but I do not want to add them to the Epic. I don't want the estimated time of these tasks to be added to the Epic total.

In other words what is the easiest way for users to associate new tasks with an Epic without adding them to the Epic ? By linking ? Is there a field which provides this ?

My aim is that when an Epic is complete I can check that all related issues have also been closed.

1 answer

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2017

If you don't want to add "Issues to epics" then the best possible alternate is to link them.  And while linking you can use custom link names like "depends", "relates" etc etc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/linking-issues-861257339.html

Big Jim August 5, 2017

Thanks Tarun. That's what I thought of too. But I thought there might be an easier way for users than linking the issue. A field for example where the user can select the Epic with including thes issue.

Suggest an answer