Ensuring work is logged before Resolved

Kevin Munro August 11, 2014

What is the best way to ensure that some work has been entered before a task is marked as resolved? I am using Tempo Timesheets and there are several places to log work. I'd want engineers to log work every day and they might be working on a task for several days.

Setting the Log Work is not an option as the engineers could already have logged work before they get to the Resolve screen and I would not want them to double up on the work when they think they need to add it again.

I'd settle for some kind of exception report or filter where I could go looking for resolved tasks that have zero hours logged against them but I could not see how to choose work as a field on filter?

1 answer

0 votes
Kevin Munro August 11, 2014

My workaround for the moment is to make the field mandatory and if users have entered all of their work before the Resolve screen then I will say that they need to enter 1m as a nominal value. 0 cannot be entered. It would be ideal if 0 could be entered. I would not want users to Resolve without thinking about it and putting in 0 would seem to me to indicate that they have already recorded their time, but it is not possible.

Suggest an answer