English Language forces the use of AM and PM in Date started when Tracking Time

Carsten Schwartz Nielsen September 23, 2021

When you log work and enter Time spent and Time remaining, the time you enter in Time started must be in the hour format that uses AM and PM. I would like to have an English languaged Jira that uses the 24 hour format for dates/time.

I have already changed the setup as specified in:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/change-the-time-format-to-24-hours-in-jira-734234435.html

But it seems the language setting of English(US) or English(UK) overrides this, is there an English(DA) setting i can import or something?

The English(DA) meme is used on the Windows platform to achieves this :-)

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2021

Hello @Carsten Schwartz Nielsen,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When it comes to the time format in Jira Cloud, currently, it’s based on the language and locale.

The documentation you mentioned is for Server and Data Center and it’s not applicable to Cloud. 

The was a bug previously and it was decided to use the date and time format based on the language/locale. For more details, please, check the description of the ticket below:

For now, there are no settings to change the date and time format. There is a feature suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Carsten Schwartz Nielsen September 26, 2021

Thanks, voted!

Certainly hope you fix this, I cannot be the only one wishing to use the generic 24 hour format. :-)

Carsten Schwartz

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer