Encrypting Emails From Jira

Matt December 12, 2019

How would I go about encrypting emails that come from Jira to IBM Lotus Notes?

From what I have found, there is something that can be added to the header to help with this, but I cannot find the file that would change the header of emails coming from Jira.

I did find a 'header.vm' velocity file within Jira's application folder, but am unsure if that is going to do anything when changed. 

Jira Server 8.5.1

Thank you,

Matt

1 answer

2 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2019
Matt December 17, 2019

I have seen this plugin as well as a few others. I was more looking to do this manually through the email header. We are in control of our email gateway and told it to look for a specific header as an indicator to force encryption all the way to the recipient. This line that is necessary to be added to the header is specific to our system, but finding the file where this will actually affect the email header from Jira is the main issue. 

In short, we are only changing the indicator from the subject line (our old way) and instead adding this to the message header or a message header that goes out with Jira. 

-Matt

Suggest an answer