Enabling HTML macros in on demand Jira wiki style renderer

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi,

I am need to use html macro in On demand Jira Wiki Renderer, but the html macro option is disabled in my On demand jira wiki renderer. Please help me how to enable the html option in this Wiki renderer.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

Hi,

JIRA OnDemand doesn't support HTML renderer per OnDemand Restricted functions: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand, that is due to XSS vulnerability that could allow malicious users to gain system administrator permissions and use the OnDemand infrastructure for nefarious purposes.

However, you may need to stick with wiki style otherwise you can consider moving to JIRA in house so you can have many options to customize your instance.

Cheers,

Omar

srinivasan radhakrishnan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi Omar,

Then how to i am achieve rich text render style in on demand Jira

OmarA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi there,

As I have mentioned, this is not possible to achive in OnDemand as it is restricted. You can achive this only in JIRA Standalone unfounalty.

Cheers,

Omar

Suggest an answer