Enable fields based on workflow step

Hi...

My first attempt at this. I would like to enable / disable a field for editing at a workflow step. For example we have a custom field "Requested Date and Time" after the issue has been raised we want to lock this field for editing or update. I can locate instances of how to lock an issue based on permission but I need to restrict the ability to update specific fields without preventing the remaining fields from being updated.

Any ideas?

Thanks Lyn

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

Hi Lyn,

You can use javascript for the purpose.

AJS.toInit(function(){

var field= document.getElementById('customfield_xxxxx');

var workflowSubmit=document.getElementById('issue-workflow-transition-submit');

field.disabled=true;

workflowSubmit.onclick=function() {

field.disabled=false;

}

});

Hi Lyn,

Did this actually work - as it is marked as an Answer? And how did You implement it..

BR,

Normann

We didn't actually implement this, as I couldn't get the approval from the internal owner of JIRA.  So I am not sure if would have worked or not.   I marked it as answered (from memory) as we are relying on transitions and JIRA not showing in View fields that do not have values.

Thanks for the help though

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,064 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you