Enable CONTAINS operator or autocomplete at HTTP feeded custom field

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Hello to all,

in our JIRA I have defined JSON Request Custom Field custom field (it is provided by HTTP Feed Custom Fields). When searching for issues (Issues > Search for Issues) using this field, only operators

• =
  • !=
  • is
  • is not
  • in
  • not in

are available. Operator CONTAINS (~) cannot be used and filter does not suggest any values with autocomplete function in Advanced search form. In Basic search form I can select from list of available custom field values. The problem is there are a lot of values, values are similar to each other and therefore autocomplete or LIKE operator would fit our user needs.

Search template for my custom field is JSON Request Custom Field Searcher. As far as I understood, I need to use Free Text Searcher to enable CONTAINS operator. Does it mean I cannot use JSON Request Custom Field to be able to search with CONTAINS operator? Well, if so, is there a way to turn autocomplete on?

Leoš

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2014

Custom fields from third party plugins mostly come AS IS with own searchers (or inherited searchers). Anyway, if the seararcher option for needed field doesn't exist you can always add feature request here https://github.com/AndreyVMarkelov/andreymarkelov-atlas-plugins-requestedfields/issues. Or you can extend the plugin or order the extention as the license for this plugin seems to be BSD and source code is open and availible

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 14, 2014

Hi Leoš,

I don't remember why I have included only one searcher. I will look at maybe it is easy to add freetext searcher.

-- Andrey

Leos Junek
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 17, 2014

Hi Andrey,

it would be great if you add it :-) As I understood, HTTP Feed Custom Fields does not contain free text searcher, neither supports any renderer.

Leoš

Suggest an answer