Empty Original Time Estimates

Julia Bell August 7, 2012

Hi

I would like to be able to edit a Jira issue and adjust the Remaining Estimate whilst leaving the Original Estimate blank. This is so that I can accurately see which date the release is tracking to without adding in an original estimate for an issue that has come into queue mid-release. If I try to do this Jira copies the value for the Remaining Estimate to the Original Estimate when I save. If I put 0 hours in for the original estimate, that messes with my time tracking report as it thinks all these issues were wildly under-estimated, when in fact I just want them excluded.

I'm not using Legacy Mode for time tracking.

Any ideas?

Julia.

3 answers

0 votes
Christoffer Högdén August 8, 2012

How do I check if legacy mode is set?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2012

I guess that if you do log work and set the remaining estimate (and if legacy mode is not set) then only the Remaining Estimate should change and the Original should remain as it is.

How do I check if legacy mode is set?

0 votes

Hi,

I think I have a similar problem, we would like all our remaning estimates to be 0 when an issue is being closed. However, when I add a post funtion that set remaining time to 0 when issue is beeing closed, the orignal estimate also gets set to zero as well which messes up our follow-ups through the hour burndown charts.

Would also be very intressted to hear if anyone have solved this.

Regards,

Christoffer

Suggest an answer