Employee feedback form send off

Francis Bojczuk June 22, 2017

Hi,

When an employee of ours submits an IT request through confluence, their email address is put in the description.

In order to ensure quality of service to internal customers, we would like to know if it's possible to create a stage for IT requests called "awaiting feedback". When the task is put in thise stage, a feedback form is sent off to the person who raised the tasks' email, from the person who the task is assigned to. They can then fill it out to make sure they are happy with the results of the task. 

I'm assuming this will need some sort of text capture plugin to grab the email address of who created it. Then it will somehow need to be integrated to our email system. 

Can you please assist with what sort of modifications to Jira/Confluence that will have to be made? What are the first steps to going about doing this if it's even possible?

I'm not too familiar with jira modifications or plugins. 

1 answer

0 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2017

Hi Francis,

I setup a feedback proccess in JIRA, but it's a bit different than what you described.  Here's what I did:

1. When the requested work is completed, the issue gets automatically assigned back to the reporter and goes into a status named something like "Verification."

2. The reporter (who is now also the assignee) is presented with two transition buttons:  "Pass" and "Fail."

3. If the user is happy with the work and they click "Pass", we open a transition screen with (optional) survey questions on it.  After, the issue automatically transitions to the "Closed" status.

4. If the user is not happy with the work and they click "Fail", we open a transition screen asking for details.  After, the issue automatically transitions backwards to a status like "To Do" and is assigned to the person who did the original work so they can take another look.

5. Finally, we created a JIRA dashboard to track the customer satisfaction results.

Here's a screenshot of our quick (optional) survey:

survey.png

I hope this gives you some ideas for the JIRA part of your question!

Rachel Wright

Francis Bojczuk June 23, 2017

Thanks a lot, that's given me some ideas on how it can be laid out. 

However, not everybody at our company has access to Jira, and the IT requests are all under a member of our teams name, not the actual person who raised it...

Cheers,

Suggest an answer