Employee/contractor management in JIRA

HarryScattergroundStudios May 20, 2015

I was hoping to keep a CRM type collection of employees, contractors, clients, etc. I was hoping to get some suggestions on tools that connect with JIRA to do that.

It would be the best scenario if I could pull from that tool/list to "invite" contractors/employees to certain projects or issues.

For example, let's say I am developing a game and I have someone who does concept art for me sometimes, but not on every project. I would love to be able to have that person's information stored somewhere and just invite them to an issue/project when I need them.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I am very new to atlassian products and I am not sure of everything each tool is capable off.

1 answer

0 votes
Paulo Junior
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

I believe you just have to create a different group for each vendor you have and then assign the permissions accordingly on each project as well.

Use this KB as reference: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Cheers

Suggest an answer